• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is right and what is wrong here? What do I do with this mess?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joviallen

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My husband and I had a house on his parents property and that was the first mistake! It caused a lot of arguments and drama between everyone. My husband was coming home drunk a lot and was telling me a lot of lies so I was pretty upset with this whole deal with the house and his family. Eventually the arguing became fighting as time passed on. I have had an anxiety disorder since I was a little girl so the stress of it all can make me do, think, and feel some ways that normal people wouldn't. One day I decided that I think that I should involve the police because my husband was drunk, the arguing was escalating, I had my son and didn't want him to see all of that, and I guess that my husband thought something along those lines himself. When the police arrived they came in three squad cars deep, they talked to my husband briefly while I waited inside the house. The police come over to the window because I couldn't find the key to the double sided deadbolt to open the door that was used to keep my disabled son from running out into a highway and possibly being ran over. They didn't speak to me, they didn't present any kind of warrants, they acted like they was going to put handcuffs on me from the window (what about giving me a chance to find my house keys and letting me step outside to talk to them?)! I knew I hadn't done anything that I could go to jail for because all we did was argue and my husband would not let up off of me. I became nervous and shaky and I because I knew they didn't have a warrant for my arrest so my heart started pounding so hard in my chest that it was all I could hear. The police wouldn't tell me why they wanted me to step out they never would say anything to me other than we need you to step out. I then realize that my son was watching and I told him to go hide because I knew that this was going to be ugly. I refused to step outside of the house after again they refused to talk to me. I hear a loud boom over and over again at my front door and I thought *********!!!! they was hitting my door with a battering ram!!!!!!! With my son watching!!!!!! So I go to the back window and light a cigarette and I heard another Boom Boom and before you know it I had fell 18 feet out of the window I was just smoking out of. I fractured three vertebra in my spine L1, L2, and L3. I was taken from the hospital to jail less than 24 hours later and I was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, inflicting the injury in front of my child, and resisting arrest. The assault with a deadly weapon and inflicting the injury with a minor present was dropped because that never even happened. The resisting arrest is still pending and its funny because my attorney says that their story is not the same? So maybe you can help me because I am confused. Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My husband and I had a house on his parents property and that was the first mistake! It caused a lot of arguments and drama between everyone. My husband was coming home drunk a lot and was telling me a lot of lies so I was pretty upset with this whole deal with the house and his family. Eventually the arguing became fighting as time passed on. I have had an anxiety disorder since I was a little girl so the stress of it all can make me do, think, and feel some ways that normal people wouldn't. One day I decided that I think that I should involve the police because my husband was drunk, the arguing was escalating, I had my son and didn't want him to see all of that, and I guess that my husband thought something along those lines himself. When the police arrived they came in three squad cars deep, they talked to my husband briefly while I waited inside the house. The police come over to the window because I couldn't find the key to the double sided deadbolt to open the door that was used to keep my disabled son from running out into a highway and possibly being ran over. They didn't speak to me, they didn't present any kind of warrants, they acted like they was going to put handcuffs on me from the window (what about giving me a chance to find my house keys and letting me step outside to talk to them?)! I knew I hadn't done anything that I could go to jail for because all we did was argue and my husband would not let up off of me. I became nervous and shaky and I because I knew they didn't have a warrant for my arrest so my heart started pounding so hard in my chest that it was all I could hear. The police wouldn't tell me why they wanted me to step out they never would say anything to me other than we need you to step out. I then realize that my son was watching and I told him to go hide because I knew that this was going to be ugly. I refused to step outside of the house after again they refused to talk to me. I hear a loud boom over and over again at my front door and I thought *********!!!! they was hitting my door with a battering ram!!!!!!! With my son watching!!!!!! So I go to the back window and light a cigarette and I heard another Boom Boom and before you know it I had fell 18 feet out of the window I was just smoking out of. I fractured three vertebra in my spine L1, L2, and L3. I was taken from the hospital to jail less than 24 hours later and I was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, inflicting the injury in front of my child, and resisting arrest. The assault with a deadly weapon and inflicting the injury with a minor present was dropped because that never even happened. The resisting arrest is still pending and its funny because my attorney says that their story is not the same? So maybe you can help me because I am confused. Thanks
You have an attorney and it would be highly inappropriate for anyone here to advise you. The attorney has all the facts and it is s/he that you should seek advice.

FlyingRon

Jovi, you should not use your real name when you post here, and there are significant omissions you've made here. You need to follow JB's advice and talk to nobody about this other than your attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu probably shouldn't have failed to appear for an assault in 2016. Doesn't look good for you.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The next time she gets arrested she should hold her head straight when her mugshot is taken. I'm surprised they took her pictures with her head tilted.
From browsing through the Gaston County mugshots it seems to be a common problem though.

FlyingRon

OK, now that the cat's out of the bag, I should point out that the poster has over a dozen CONVICTIONS for drug crimes, three DWI convictions, and a few other serious ones, plus countless arrests. As I said, there's a lot left out here (and a lot of what she says defies logic). By the way, casual googlers may note that this is not the only last name she's been convicted under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">