• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is sexual assualt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

What is considered sexual assualt? Im hearing alot of mixed statements about verbal sexual assualt. Is there a law for this. Some people say that one occurance is not sexual assualt/harassment. So what exactly is sexual assualt, I thought it was sorta like something before rape. But is it actually verbal too?

But i was wondering, Can somone verbally ask a girl if she wants to have sex? Or is that sexual assualt.

on the safe side i get good rapport with the girl before i make a statement.

but i know a friend who ask girls right away without that much rapport, he said that its perfectly legal. If the girl gets offended he said that u dont say anything back to them..

seniorjudge

on the safe side i get good rapport with the girl before i make a statement.

but i know a friend who ask girls right away without that much rapport, he said that its perfectly legal. If the girl gets offended he said that u dont say anything back to them.

Say...you guys are extremely cool!:cool:

Definitions of sexual assault on the Web:

* any type of sexual activity that you do not agree to, including: inappropriate touching, vaginal, anal, or oral penetration, sexual intercourse that you say no to, rape, attempted rape, child molestation. Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention.
www.smartersex.org/resources/glossary.asp

* Any unwanted sexual contact or attention achieved by force, threats, bribes, manipulation, pressure, tricks, or violence. It may be physical or non-physical and includes rape, attempted rape, incest and child molestation, and sexual harassment. Sexual assault is a crime of violence, anger, power and control where sex is used as a weapon against the victim.
www.turnaroundinc.org/pages/facts/glossary.html

* Sexual assault, in its various forms, is defined under the University of North Carolina’s policy University Response Plan for Incidents of Sexual Assault Involving UNC-CH Students. In compliance with state law, sexual assault and sexual misconduct are prohibited. For valuable information for a victim, an accused, a support person or any University personnel involved with a sexual assault, please read the University’s Sexual Assault Response Plan Manual in its entirety.
housing.unc.edu/policies/glossary/glossary.html

* A wide range of victimizations, separate from rape or attempted rape. Includes attacks or attempted attacks generally involving unwanted sexual contact between victim and offender. Sexual assaults may or may not involve force and include such things as grabbing or fondling. Sexual assault also includes verbal threats.
www.albany.edu/sourcebook/app8.html

* is a term which covers a number of criminal offences, such as indecent assault, aggravated sexual assault, sexual intercourse with a young person under seventeen years of age and rape.
www.education.tas.gov.au/equitystandards/discrimination/support/sdefinitions.htm

* has replaced the term rape in some states. Sexual assault is further classified as aggravated sexual assault and sexual assault. Aggravated sexual assault requires sexual penetration of the victim under specifically defined circumstances. Sexual assault also requires sexual penetration but the circumstances surrounding the crime involve less culpable behavior than an aggravated sexual assault.
www.wierlaw.com/glossary_criminal_law.htm

* any form of forced sexual activity, whether overtly or by inferred threat. Includes: rape, incest, sexual harassment, child molest, marital rape, voyeurism and exposure.
www.free-rape-stories.com/handouts/definitions.htm

* in most states, synonymous with rape.
sexlawsdata.org/terms.aspx

* a statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat; "most states have replaced the common law definition of rape with statutes defining sexual assault"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* This page deals with sexual assault as a medical emergency and gives information on how victims, first-aiders and medical personnel can respond.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">