• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is the courts action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dduglass

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?tn I have a LL that has broken these acts/laws, and I have proof. What can/will a judge do to this LL?
UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT

.TITLE 66
PROPERTY
CHAPTER 28

Administration of remedies - Enforcement.

PART 5

ENFORCEMENT AND REMEDIES
(a) The remedies provided by this chapter shall be so administered that the aggrieved party may recover lawful damages. The aggrieved party has an obligation and duty to mitigate damages. (did not)
(b) Any right or obligation declared by this chapter is enforceable by legal action unless the provision declaring it specifies a different and limited effect. Title 66, Chap. 28, §66-28-515.

If the tenant abandons the dwelling unit, the landlord shall use reasonable efforts to rerent the dwelling unit at a fair rental. (did not) If the landlord rents the dwelling unit for a term beginning prior to the expiration of the rental agreement, the rental agreement is terminated as of the date of the new tenancy. If the tenancy is from month-to-month, or week-to-week, the term of the rental agreement for this purpose shall be deemed to be a month or a week, as the case may be. Title 66, Chap. 28, §66-28-507.

Obligation of good faith.
Every duty under this chapter and every act which must be performed as a condition precedent to the exercise of a right or remedy under this chapter imposes an obligation of good faith in its performance (did not) or enforcement. Title 66, Chap. 28, §66-28-516.

dduglass

LL waited a month b4 running a "one day only ad, asking dubble the rent from what the census bureau reports for the area the home is in and amount I was paying, turned down potential renters, (have taped conversation of this) pretty much displayed a 'no good faith effort at a fair rental price". I broke the lease but did LL break the law by not re-renting or ask a fair price and token efforts to re-rent?.
I have tried to settle w/LL atty, but he only came down a few hundred dollars, and I am way too courious now to see how a judge will see this case and what could happen to LL if found at fault is my question here..

south

Maybe the landlord has reasons

Unit not ready unit dirty etc
Maybe it was previously rented too low
Landlord is NOT required to accept simply any person to replace you.
Maybe maybe maybe who knows your post does not say when you vacated, condition of premises etc.
Did you get his permission to record?

Census bureau have zero control over the rent a landlord wants to ask, its simply rent averages.

At this moment what is clear is that you broke a lease and can be responsible for costs of landlords efforts to re-rent, adverts, time vacant etc.

Your curious what will happen to landlord LMAO be more curious what will happen to you. Get your purse ready.

dduglass said:
LL waited a month b4 running a "one day only ad, asking dubble the rent from what the census bureau reports for the area the home is in and amount I was paying, turned down potential renters, (have taped conversation of this) pretty much displayed a 'no good faith effort at a fair rental price". I broke the lease but did LL break the law by not re-renting or ask a fair price and token efforts to re-rent?.
I have tried to settle w/LL atty, but he only came down a few hundred dollars, and I am way too courious now to see how a judge will see this case and what could happen to LL if found at fault is my question here..

Last edited:

ENASNI

Q:What can/will a judge do to this LL?

A: 100 lashes with a wet noodle.

As soon as you show proof that overshadows LL's proof.

dubble?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">