• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the fine line between employee/customer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindylouwho

To make a long story short I visited a major hotel, and they did not have the room reserved for me as promised. Nor did they have a similar room, and she did not offer any assistance to correct the problem. I did get upset and I did raise my voice, but I never threatned, cursed, or raised a hand to the employee. She told me to loose my attitued and she would help me. I was furious, and then she told me she was going to call the "cops". I was in shock and told her to do just that, but she would look stupid because I did not do anything wrong, and it was not my fault the room was gone. Then she hung up the phone and called around and found a room at another hotel. Now what makes me angry is the managment for this large Hotel thinks I was in their lobby demanding an employee discount. They beleive their employee over me. I hate to be treated this way and I really hate it that they are standing behind her lie. What should I do?

JETX

What do you want to do????

Here are your options as I see it:
1) Sue them. Absolutely NOT worth the time, trouble and expense. Also, no case!
2) Complain. Certainly. Write a letter to the Manager of the hotel with a copy to the CEO of the 'major' hotel. Detail your complaint. Send it Certified RRR to both. See what, if anything comes of it.
3) Forget about it. Though a lot of anger and possibly even some embarassment occured, this sounds like a minor issue in the full scope of life. If this is the worst that has happened to you, consider yourself VERY lucky. Get on with your life.

My suggestion would be BOTH 2 and 3. Write your complaint letter, see if you get a response. Then, whether you get a response or not, forget about it and move on. Make a note to not stay at that 'major' hotel chain in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">