• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the sequence of steps of filings in a relocation trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jloccon23

Washington state:

I am wondering if someone could be so kind as to tell me what the steps are involved in a permanent relocation trial in the correct sequence. I am trying to understand.

Here are some of the filings but I probably left out some and I am not sure if this is the correct order:

1) Note for motion docket

2) Note for trial setting

3) First set of interrogatories and request for production

4) Order Compelling Discovery

5) Motions in Limine

6) suSubpoena Duces Tecum Upon Oral Examination

What other motions or filings are there in a trial of this sort and what order are they in, typically?

Thank you very much

LdiJ

Washington state:

I am wondering if someone could be so kind as to tell me what the steps are involved in a permanent relocation trial in the correct sequence. I am trying to understand.

Here are some of the filings but I probably left out some and I am not sure if this is the correct order:

1) Note for motion docket

2) Note for trial setting

3) First set of interrogatories and request for production

4) Order Compelling Discovery

5) Motions in Limine

6) suSubpoena Duces Tecum Upon Oral Examination

What other motions or filings are there in a trial of this sort and what order are they in, typically?

Thank you very much
The only thing I can tell you is that you left out the most important first step, and that is the actual motion to modify your custody order to allow you to relocate with the child. Everything you listed would come after that, and not all of it would be necessary depending on how your case proceeds.

jloccon23

The only thing I can tell you is that you left out the most important first step, and that is the actual motion to modify your custody order to allow you to relocate with the child. Everything you listed would come after that, and not all of it would be necessary depending on how your case proceeds.
Thank you for your reply. I believe this was already filed. There has been a continuance for the trial without a new date entered.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am the father and the mother has relocated 2 years ago under a temporary order
Dood - 2 YEARS??? What have you been doing in the meantime? After two years you can expect the court to find it to be a status quo situation. Don't expect the kids to be moved back - start figuring out a parenting time arrangement that addresses the distance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">