• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Is The Sol In Ma For Credit Card Debt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seniorjudge

bombbat said:
What is the name of your state? MA
WHAT IS THE SOL IN MA FOR CREDIT CARD DEBT
Standard answer on expired SOL and/or validation letters.

SOL
http://www.bcsalliance.com/y_debt_sol.html

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/Disputing_Collections/SoL-dispute-letter.html

Validation letter samples you can get at :
www.creditinfocenter.com
and www.creditboards.com

I am NOT a creditor-debtor lawyer; stand by for further help.

I am NOT vouching for the accuracy of these websites!

bombbat

thanks, i moved

I moved from NH to MA 6 months ago what state applies to my case, the one I presently reside in, the one I became delinquient in or the one I opened the account in?

S

seniorjudge

bombbat said:
I moved from NH to MA 6 months ago what state applies to my case, the one I presently reside in, the one I became delinquient in or the one I opened the account in?
Probably the state you opened the account in.

HOWEVER, if your agreement with the creditor had another state whose laws would govern, you have to go by the agreement.

You, of course, do not have that agreement and neither does anyone else who has a credit card. We immediately throw all that stuff in the trash.

Do your validation: maybe that will give you the definitive answer.

Ladynred

IF you are sued, they must sue you in the state where you live OR where the account was opened. So you would be stuck with the MA SOL as its more likely you'd be sued where you live NOW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">