• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the standard TX Holiday Visitation Schedule for child under 3

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avan2019

My state is Texas.

I have a child under 3 y/o. I live less than 30 miles away from my child. I was summoned to a temporary SAPCR hearing about 3 weeks ago and the associate judge's order is posted below exactly as I received it, minus the specific personal details.

My questions are:

1. Per the order, do I utilize the custodial parent's school district calendar to determine which holidays I have possession of my child via the TX Standard Possession Orders even though my child is not of school age?

2. Do I assume that my holiday possession ends at 5 PM of the day following the end of a holiday because that's the time my usual weekend possession ends, or 6 PM because that's the default time the TX SPO states visitations end?

3. Is there a published definitive holiday list for Texas holidays covered by the SPO?

Forgive me if these questions are ignorant, but the judge took a few days before rendering her judgement, so I didn't get to ask questions specific to the order at the hearing. I was under the impression that the child's mother and I were amicably co-parenting and since we ended our relationship in Dec of 2019 I'd enjoyed 3 overnights per week. I was blind-sided by this court summons and the mother's request for me to receive only standard visitation with my child although I'd done nothing wrong. I'm a little shell-shocked at this point, and I just don't want any unnecessary trouble.

ASSOCIATE JUDGE’S REPORT
The Court heard this matter on request for temporary orders and makes the
following orders:
1. The parents are appointed temporary joint managing conservators.
2. Mother is appointed the conservator with the exclusive right to determine the
primary residence of the child within Dallas and Contiguous Counties.
3. Father is ORDERED to pay $xxxx per month in child support beginning
September 1, 2020 and the first of each month thereafter.
4. Father is ORDERED to pay $xxxx per month in cash medical support
reimbursement to Mother beginning September 1, 2020 and the first of each
month thereafter.
5. Mother is ORDERED to provide medical insurance for the child.
6. The parents are ORDERED to pay 50% each for the child’s uninsured medical
expenses.
7. Father shall have possession of the child as follows:
a. Every 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend beginning at 5PM on Friday and ending the
following Sunday at 5PM.
b. Each Wednesday beginning at 3PM and ending Thursday at 8PM.
c. Standard Holiday Possession
d. Standard Summer possession
8. Dallas County Standing Orders shall be mutual injunction while case pending.
9. The parent receiving the child shall provide transportation.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">