• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is this I signed ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zekebo

What is the name of your state? tn
On the tenth of July my mother was in the hospital and it did not look good. I went to take care of funeral costs and take care of everything so I wouldn't have to do it when and if she passed. They had me sign papers to make payments with a down payment which part went to the state of tn and upon her death be it then or six months later the balance would be due. She died and in the folllowing days I received in the mail more papers on the plan I had signed up for.
I recieved a payment book for a life insurance policy x amount a month and x amount for so many years. The day of the service I asked the person I dealth with what all that was and he said not to worry about it it had to do with the funeral. After the service I was told I had one more paper to sign and I asked what it was and was told "so they will send us a check" We are confused as to what this is.
Today I had to go back for other things and mentioned we were talking about pre doing ours--my wife me and kids. The lady told me they have two plans where payments are made and the balance is due upon death and they also have a company they work with where to make payments and if death happens the company takes care of the rest. I didn't say anything and came home to read the papers again. It looks like one says I signed the ownership of the policy over to the funeral home.
This went into effect the 16th and she died the 18th. I paid in full, cash, on the 17th.
To me it looks like an insurance policy and I assigned it over to them. Does anyone know anything about what this is and did they get paid twice. My wife says go and ask them but what they told me once they'll just tell me twice and I'll still be confused. UPDATE--- NEVER MIND.THANKS ANYWAY-I CALLED THE COMPANY AND THEY EXPLAINED IT TO ME. IT'S ALL FINE..GUESS I SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT IN FIRST PLACE.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">