• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what kind of visa should I apply for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)DC

Hello there this is my second post.

I am French and hold a J1 from a company in washington, this visa expire at the end of january.

Meanwhile, I have been offered a work from a US company importing french wine, not exempt of cap regulation (job starting end of january). They desire to sponsor me. I know that the cap for the H1B type visa has been reached. They never sponsored anyone before, so we are a kind of lost with the regulations and the possibilities obtain a visa for me.

Few questions:
Can we apply for a H2B type visa and try to transfert it to a H1B during next year?
Is my french nationality can be seen as a specific skill?
What kind of other visa could we look at knowing that we have only 3 months ahead of us?

thanks for your timeWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential