• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What now??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have a home in Sebastian Florida and in Sebastina there is no city sewer, all septic, we had our septic tank pumped out and was told that we may need a new leach field. With the holidays coming up i called around to get a general idea of cost. One company was approx $800.00 to $1,000.00 less than three other companies I talked to. At that point I called the less expensive company and told them that I will be using them when the time comes. A rep. (the owners fiance') came out with a proposal and I signed the proposal to secure the price. On the proposal it states that the job is not to start until 1/2 is paid up front and then when the job is done the balance will be paid. I had a long conversation with the rep and was told no problem just call when you're ready. needing to save the $2500.00 it was going to cost. We went through about a month and no problems may NOT need that leach field after all hurray! Until one day when I went out shopping and was gone for approx 45 mins and when I turned the cornner towards my home I see heavy equipment in my front yard. They started the job. when I got there my entire front yard was dug up by a backo and the old leach field was gone so I couldn't tell them to stop. I did tell them I was not expecting this at all and they told me its not a problem they just thought it would be nice to have it done before the holidays. I also told them that we didn't think it needed it after all and I was told but there is nothing you can do about it now. I also asked them why they didn't call the day before to let me know they were coming as we had previously asked them to do so we could save most of the sod, and we could have avoided this and I also asked them why would with no communication since the signing of the proposal they would start a job like this without anyone home at least? Not to mention no money was collected towards this job and they just forced me into debt with them in the excess of $2,500.00. that I don't have right now. Not to metion that I have to now purchase a min. of 5 pallots of sod to replace my front yard. I agreed on the sod but they agreed to let me know when they were coming so I could pull up my own sod. the sod is an additonal $500.00 plus. So waht can I do????? I know I have to pay for this but is it fair that I am forced into this and with something like the septic system that is needed to just live in the home. Not to mention we may not have needed it at all. What can be done? I don't want my home to be liened over this. I don't want anything for free and I will pay but I need a few months to save this kind of money and it not even being a week they are calling me to collect already. What happen to its ok don't worry about it we'll work with you after the holidays?

Is this not some sort of fraud? as I stated before I don't think we even needed the leach field after having the septic tank drained. We had had a leaking toilet and hurricane Hanna whereas we took 25'' of rain and then immediately followed by another hurricane whereas we took another12" of rain. All that taken in consideration I don't think I needed the leach field. And who in a business like that doesn't make a call the day before to let the consumer know they are coming. And who as a business person starts a job like that without any type of pay when it states the job will not start until 1/2 is paid up front? And then starts to dig with noone home. Not to mention it is right before the holidays and I am forced to buy over $500.00 of sod that we had agreed I would get a call prior to them ariving so I could take up my own sod. I would only have to replace maybe 2 pallots as apposed to 5 pallots. I guess I am just not feeling right about this hole situation and would like to know what someone else thinks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">