• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Narnie

What is the name of your state? Ohio.
I am a man, have been married three years and have one child. My wife wants to leave. We would have joint custody of our child. I am the only earner in our relationship on approx $50000. I would like to keep the family home which is highly mortgaged. Would I have to pay child support and alimoney even though I would be having my daughter half the time and would need to pay for child care while I work

Last edited:

nextwife

Alimony for a three year marriage is unlikely. However, even witha 50% custody, you would be paying CS to your ex, along with child care (or half child care) and medical coverage because of the likely difference in incomes.

LdiJ

nextwife said:
Alimony for a three year marriage is unlikely. However, even witha 50% custody, you would be paying CS to your ex, along with child care (or half child care) and medical coverage because of the likely difference in incomes.
Your wife might also be entitled to some share of the equity in your home. I realize that it is highly mortgaged....but home values have appreciated highly lately so if an appraisal would show you having equity she would be entitled to a share of that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">