• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What options do I have regarding my daughters?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I understand that I don't have a right to know where they are or to talk to them, but it has never been an issue before from either side. This is the first time she has done this. I believe it may be in response to me telling my oldest that her mother can not control what my kids do (ie when they wake up) while they are with me, just like I can't control what they do when they are with her.

Like I told the other person in this chat, the ex responded with "The girls are not going with you this weekend. We will be going out of town." I have requested to speak to them and then with her about the lack of communication. She has received and viewed the message but has not responded.
If this is the first and only time mom is behaving this way then I can just about guarantee that the bolded is the case, and that your daughter threw it in her mother's face during some argument she had with her mother.

If I were in your shoes I would be saying something to mom along the lines of "you have never done this to me before in the entire time we have been apart, can we please talk about whatever has upset you so that we can get it resolved?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If this is the first and only time mom is behaving this way then I can just about guarantee that the bolded is the case, and that your daughter threw it in her mother's face during some argument she had with her mother.
And very likely forgot to include "at Dad's" and told Mom something like "Dad said you can't control what we do!" 14, right? Can be such fun...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">