• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Recourse Do I Have

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glenn

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY . I WENTTO THE EMERGENCY ROOM IN A HOSPITAL IN RICHMOND VIRGINIA. I GAVE THEM MY INSURANCE INFORMATION. THEY NEVER SUBMITTED THE BILL TO MY INSURANCE COMPANY WITHIN THE PROPER TIME LIMIT AND MY INSURANCE COMPANY REFUSED TO PAY THE BILL. FIRST AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BILL BECAUSE OF THE HOSPITALS NEGLIGENCE AND NO A COLLECTION AGENCY HAS REPORTED THE OUTSTANDING DEBT TO THE CREDIT AGENCY. WHAT DO I DO

Dandy Don

How much is the bill? Sue the hospital in small claims court if you can get the insurance company or someone else to admit in writing that the hospital never submitted the bill in time.

It is improper for this amount to be showing up negatively on your credit report. Contact the credit reporting agency and they can tell you the steps for you to file a statement with them briefly explaining the circumstances and they will add the statement to your credit report.

JETX

Since some people seem to allow violation of the posting rules, I will answer your post over my previous objection (and needed to give you a CORRECT response).

"FIRST AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BILL BECAUSE OF THE HOSPITALS NEGLIGENCE"
*** Yes, you are responsible.... and this is not the hospitals 'negligence'. When you entered the hospital, you signed an agreement to be responsible for any billing. And the insurance company works for YOU, and has no contractual obligation to the hospital.

"AND NO A COLLECTION AGENCY HAS REPORTED THE OUTSTANDING DEBT TO THE CREDIT AGENCY."
*** Assuming you mean that the collection agency has reported your failuter ot pay, based solely on your post, the fact of the report does not appear improper.

"WHAT DO I DO"
*** Pay the debt and send the bill to your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">