• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what rights does an executrix have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sam281

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?ohio
My father passed 3 weeks ago, his will states that the estate will go to his grandson(my nephew) and that I serve as executrix. My question is this, the nephew moved into my dads home the night he passed, he refuses to allow me into the home or give me keys. He has had numerous people in and out of the house. My dad entrusted me with the knowledge of where he kept his personal documents and money in the case of his death. Now do to the fact that so many people have been rooting, I'm sure nothing is where dad left it. Do I have the right to make the grandson leave the premises until the estate is settled? He has already been told by my dads attorney to give me a set of keys, but he refuses. Dads attorney is giving me the impression that the nephew should be aloud to stay there since in the long run he will be granted the estate. I'm very frustrated, I just want to be able to do what my father entrusted me to do......and obviously the nephew is not cooperating

seniorjudge

Q: Do I have the right to make the grandson leave the premises until the estate is settled?

A: Yes. In fact, YOU could get in trouble for not preserving the assets of the estate if you do not get your act together and start doing that very thing.

sam281

seniorjudge said:
Q: Do I have the right to make the grandson leave the premises until the estate is settled?

A: Yes. In fact, YOU could get in trouble for not preserving the assets of the estate if you do not get your act together and start doing that very thing.
How do I go about doing this?

seniorjudge

sam281 said:
How do I go about doing this?
Go to the court where you filed the will; ask the clerk to set up a hearing in front of the judge.

Make sure the clerk notifies everyone.

Expect a **** storm.

Hire a lawyer ASAP. The lawyer will be paid out of the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">