• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what shall i do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? kuala lumpur, malaysia.
Hi, i just received three letters from my solicitor yesterday, 16th sept 05 to inform that they have decided to discontinue from acting for me for three cases in hand, and all already up the court.scheduled for court hearing on 28th sept 05( divorce case ) and 24th oct 05 ( company case )respectively, together with the signing of Sale & purchase agreement for the disposal of matrimonial home for the divorce.Apparently the co-owner refused to serve the installments and refused to sell the property and i have to appeal to the bank to withhold the foreclosure proceedings two weeks ago as the co-owner has just signed the authorization letter to sell and appealed that the bank allows the parties to complete the transaction..

the solicitor's letters stated that,
1) in the event that they do not received a Notice Of Change Of Solicitor within seven days hereof, they shall discharge themselves.
2) they shall render their bill for work done thus far soon.

Questions :-
1) can the solicitors just discharged themselves in the middle of all cases at the most critical time and is that an unilateral act?
2) instead of me running around and panic to look for new lawyers for all cases where time is too limited and too costly and messy for me to start the processes all over again, can i reply to the solicitor"s letters to insist that they follow thru and complete the cases in good faith as i did not terminate their service but they just discharged themselves unilaterally.
3) can they bill me for "workdone" as they bill me interim payment as and when they feel is right.
4) Is there anything that i could do to make this solicitor to continue with the cases to complete them in good faith?

i m in a total disaster, mess and completely stucked at this point. Please advice.

your attention to my legal issues is highly appreciated.

thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential