• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should he do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My boyfriend's soon to be ex- wife hired a lawyer to help her fill out the necessary divorce forms. She requested that my he pay for it since he was the one who asked for the divorce. He has also given her more than $60, 000 CAD settlement. The lawyer has now sent my my boyfriend the divorce papers but has requested for him to fill out a section about property, finances, housing, etc? He noticed that his ex- wife didn't fill it out? What should he do? Can she use this against him and claim for alimony? He also purchased a home after their separation?

This lawyer is the ex-wife's contact as well.

My boyfriend has been very patient and is aware that the girl might try to get more money from him.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?


Queen Bee
And was it a LEGAL separation or just that he decided to move in or start dating/bedding/sleeping with you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential