• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Should I DO!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMos

What is the name of your state?PA

I'm in the process of suing my co. for discrimination, while I'm still working there. I really can't STAND going in there anymore. My doctor's diagnosed "situational depression" due to the situation at work and put me on drugs. But having to go in there is harder every day. I'm almost out of any paid time off, and I'm afraid they'll fire me if I take off any more - but I will NOT last without a day off here and there.

I know this is workers comp, but I know the company will fight it all the way.

What should I do??!!!

JMos

:confused: Should I file for worker's comp, knowing they'll fight it all the way - which means I'll need another lawyer - or continue to struggle with going to work everyday . . .???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That's up to you. Just know that it is VERY difficult to get such claims paid through workers comp.

I'm curious too; what discrimination? (It's possible - I can't promise - but it MIGHT have an effect on the answer to your workers comp question.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">