• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sniperwolfe

Hi I currently live in PA and the house i am now renting needs the roof repaired bad i knew of this when I moved in an the LL said she will fix it. However her idea of fixing it is to put tarps on it until winter. I'm scared that the roof will still leak and cause serious problems. Other problems with the house is the the floors are weak and falling in and the wiring is hooked up to a fuse box which I think is illegal. Also there is asbestos in the ceiling and walls which I am concerned about. If a building code officer came here and condemned this house wounld the landlord be reliable to find me a new place to live until the repairs are made. How can I get the LL to fix these problems. Is there any legal action i can take? sorry about this post being so long

HomeGuru

Your L is not reliable but liable: to repair but not find you a new place to move to.

There is action that you can take. Research the State Statutes and discover how.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

LL liable for repairs, possibly liable for your relocation costs. Possibly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">