• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bird lady 81

What is the name of your state? California I have a couple who has lived on my property 6 years in their 5th wheel trailer. They also bought a big shed that has to be moved by truck that's on my property.. It is illegal to have some one living in a trailer in my county. Can i give them a sixty day or do i have to do it different because they own it. How do i get them to take the shed with them. We had no written lease. If they dont take shed can i charge storage fees for it?

adjusterjack

That type of occupancy is not addressed by the CA landlord tenant statutes but may be addressed by mobile home residency laws:

https://hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/mobile-home-ombudsman/docs/Mobilehome-Residency-Law-2017.pdf

To check for more current statutes, go here:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes.xhtml

I'll leave it to you to study up.

As for the shed, sure, you can "charge" storage fees but if they won't pay them (and they probably won't) you won't be able to enforce the fees because you have no contract allowing for the fees.

You'll be lucky if you just get them to leave. If you brought your illegal activity to the attention of the court you may be fined for it.

FarmerJ

To start with Re mobile home park rules /laws You need to look up your states definition of a mobile home park -community ( Where I live I four or more manufactured homes constitutes a mobile home park- community) then if your property doesn't meet your states definition of a mobile home park then its a matter of giving them a proper written notice telling them they must vacate and by when and then any other information your state says you need to include in your notice such as your name and address , you may well want to get a PO Box temporarily to have all your mail forwarded to to protect it from being destroyed and send your notice to her via confirmed mail delivery and maybe certified as well so she cannot claim she didn't get the notice.

quincy

To start with Re mobile home park rules /laws You need to look up your states definition of a mobile home park -community ( Where I live I four or more manufactured homes constitutes a mobile home park- community) then if your property doesn't meet your states definition of a mobile home park then its a matter of giving them a proper written notice telling them they must vacate and by when and then any other information your state says you need to include in your notice such as your name and address , you may well want to get a PO Box temporarily to have all your mail forwarded to to protect it from being destroyed and send your notice to her via confirmed mail delivery and maybe certified as well so she cannot claim she didn't get the notice.
adjusterjack provided the relevant laws.

Bird lady 81

That type of occupancy is not addressed by the CA landlord tenant statutes but may be addressed by mobile home residency laws:

https://hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/mobile-home-ombudsman/docs/Mobilehome-Residency-Law-2017.pdf

To check for more current statutes, go here:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes.xhtml

I'll leave it to you to study up.

As for the shed, sure, you can "charge" storage fees but if they won't pay them (and they probably won't) you won't be able to enforce the fees because you have no contract allowing for the fees.

You'll be lucky if you just get them to leave. If you brought your illegal activity to the attention of the court you may be fined for it.
Thank you

Bird lady 81

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">