• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am new to this board and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this type of message, but all the other topic forums seemed inappropriate...Here's my story

At the end of April this year, my car was broken with the bad transmission. It might cost 1300-1500 bucks after asking the car repair center. I thought it was too expensive. One of my friends introduced that an African American can help me repair it. My friend let me meet him. The guy told me he can fix the car and it should cost 600 bucks for replace the used transmission and 150 bucks for laber. I agreed and the trouble also began. I wrote a check of 600 dollars to him for the used transmission after he insisted to get the money first. Of course i got a reciept for the money with his signature and an oral agreement that he replaced the transmission in four days.
But four months later, he still can not repair the car. During the period, he took the transmission out of my car and also gave me many excuses for not finishing the repair. Until that time, I realized that the man can not repair the car. Therefore, I got the car back and found a car repair canter to repair my car.

From that time, i called the man return my money of 600 bucks. but he delayed every time i called him. Recently he did not receive my calling. Now I really don't know what should I do to get back my money. What kind of legal recourse, if any, can I pursue...

Thank you for your time...


Senior Member
Small claims court.

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential