• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I expect now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Praisenpeace

What is the name of your state? NYC
A month ago today I hit a parked car. It happened as I was going to park in the spot in front of him and another car was trying to beat me into the spot I turned my wheel to the right to avoid being hit by the car trying to beat me and "brushed" the parked car. The damage is only a few deep scratches to the paint. I gave the owner my phone number and told them to call me because they wanted me to find a place where they could get there car fixed. he called me a week later at 7am and left a messege with no return phone number and just said that he would call me back. He did not call back until this morning and I told him to get three estimates and call me back. His wife calls me back a few hours later(I must add that she was not there when the accident happened) getting very nasty with me because I told her husband to get the estimates and call me back. She feels that I should find a place for him to take his car to. After dealing with her attitude I told her that the best bet is to now go through the insurance company because I don't want to deal with her. It is not like I'm not trying to work with them. She didn't sound too happy and by her bubbly personality I believe she is going to advise her husband to sue me. Did i screw myself or is there hope????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">