• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I hold the landlord to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JakobOhio

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Friday night, main disconnect on my electric box went out. I have no power and no heat to my house.
Electrician came Saturday morning and said the disconnect needed to be replaced and the part store didn't have it and it is obsolete, so they may need to upgrade my panel. I took the part number and was able to find it. If they had ordered it yesterday when I told them, the part would be in today.

However they did not and now the property manager has said she is hoping for Thursday. It is currently 45 degrees in my house with no way to get heat .

Over the weekend they offered me a empty rental place to crash in, which was fine, but not going for a week.

Am I within my rights to make them house me into a hotel?

Also, I needed to give them 60 day notice if I wanted to leave. Sadly that was yesterday and in the morning I opted to renew my lease. I haven't signed anything yet, but I am guessing I am stuck here and this wouldn't be seen as an extenuating circumstance to cancel that and move out?

FarmerJ

Your city building inspections desk could have ordered a 24 hour repair, the electrician could have temporarily hooked up something close to a construction type of service , your LLs excuse is a crock of bovine excrement , call your city building inspections desk TODAY.

JakobOhio

Your city building inspections desk could have ordered a 24 hour repair, the electrician could have temporarily hooked up something close to a construction type of service , your LLs excuse is a crock of bovine excrement , call your city building inspections desk TODAY.
Thank you, miraculously I made the call and I don't know if it worked that fast, but I just got a message they replaced the breaker and waiting for the electric company to put my meter back

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suspect you just needed to be a little patient ;)
Glad that it's working out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">