• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What taxes to be paid on CA Inheritance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Theone2432

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My wife is the administrator ofher now diseased Granda mother. We need to know the best way, tax wise, to handle the money that she recieves. She will get about $16,000 for administation and $320,000+/- for her part of the estate. We would like to know in advance what taxes we can expect to pay on this money, if any. As I am in the Air Force, I will not be home when the probate closes and want to be able to offer some guidance to my wife before I leave. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Snipes5

With that much money at stake, pay an Attorney or Enrolled Agent to take care of all the details for you.

Snipes

Theone2432

We have an attorney but...

we have an attorney. However, I was wanting a second opinion. The apraisal came in really low, about half what we are selling this land for and my concern is that my wife and her sister will loose a large chunck of this to taxes. lease advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">