• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do if a company destroys video evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So again how does my attitude apply ...
It's my gut feeling - perhaps it doesn't.

... and i'm not jumping to anything if you have 2 witness to 1 claiming that I never threatened the worker the mangers speak favorable of me the video shows that i am being harrased and I'm trying to avoid him then what made HR make the decision.
So what you have is conflicting reports and, as such, it may have been easier to simply let you go. I'm not saying it's fair, I'm simply saying that discrimination isn't the only possibility here.

quincy

Employers can choose to eliminate a problem in the workplace by eliminating one or more of the employees who appear to be the source of the problem.

Employers do not want drama. They want employees who come to work to work. If disputes among employees interfere with their productivity, those employees risk being fired.

Whether your termination was based only on you being Hispanic is what the investigation will determine.

Rubio acero

It's my gut feeling - perhaps it doesn't.

So what you have is conflicting reports and, as such, it may have been easier to simply let you go. I'm not saying it's fair, I'm simply saying that discrimination isn't the only possibility here.
But your gut feeling isn't based on anything I have given you a legit reason as to why I believe it is discrimination and you are just saying stuff.

No you have 2 reports on my end and one being from a supervisor where as he only has one report which is from a new worker who is also the same age as him and off the same race. Now if they let both me and him go I would be fine with it it shows that they didn't want to deal with the problem but the fact that they let me go and not him and went so far as to modify the witness statements and withhold the video evidence from the division of civil rights is is just pure bias and I can prove that if given the witness statements

Rubio acero

Employers can choose to eliminate a problem in the workplace by eliminating one or more of the employees who appear to be the source of the problem.

Employers do not want drama. They want employees who come to work to work. If disputes among employees interfere with their productivity, those employees risk being fired.

Whether your termination was based only on you being Hispanic is what the investigation will determine.
SMH do you even read what I write? I'm not being rude because everything that you just said goes against what I wrote.

If the company handled a legit investigation they would have observed that I was not a problem and that I caused no drama

The managers spoke favorably of me and negatively of the worker
Video Evidence will show that I walked away to avoid conflict and proceeded to work in another area
After the conflict I proceeded to work while the employee proceeded to stir up more drama
While I was working the employee was gossiping.

quincy

But your gut feeling isn't based on anything I have given you a legit reason as to why I believe it is discrimination and you are just saying stuff.

No you have 2 reports on my end and one being from a supervisor where as he only has one report which is from a new worker who is also the same age as him and off the same race. Now if they let both me and him go I would be fine with it it shows that they didn't want to deal with the problem but the fact that they let me go and not him and went so far as to modify the witness statements and withhold the video evidence from the division of civil rights is is just pure bias and I can prove that if given the witness statements
Your former employer (probably) does not have to rehire you, by the way, regardless of the results of the investigation.

Good luck.

Rubio acero

Zigner I have given you multiple rebuttals and reasonings behind my rebuttals and while the arguments can be made is this discriminations and can I prove are valid arguments alot of what you are saying is needlessly defending a company which you don't know anything about. While I do appreciate the experience since the attorney for the company will be doing the same thing I'm sure you should be able to understand my concern when I am asking you questions and you respond this way.

quincy

Zigner I have given you multiple rebuttals and reasonings behind my rebuttals and while the arguments can be made is this discriminations and can I prove are valid arguments alot of what you are saying is needlessly defending a company which you don't know anything about. While I do appreciate the experience since the attorney for the company will be doing the same thing I'm sure you should be able to understand my concern when I am asking you questions and you respond this way.
Is there anything else this forum can do for you, Rubio acero? It appears to me that all of your concerns have been addressed as well as they can be at this point.

Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are the one who thinks that racism is at work. African Americans are NOT the majority. They are the targets of racism just as much as those who are Latinx/Hispanic/Spanish/Mexican. You also don't seem to comprehend that you may or may not have a case. You may have been fired legally. Your attitude plays a big role in how people respond to you and you have been rude to just about everyone on this thread.

quincy

You are the one who thinks that racism is at work. African Americans are NOT the majority. They are the targets of racism just as much as those who are Latinx/Hispanic/Spanish/Mexican.
Although I am a bit loathe to support Rubio, I believe he was saying he was a minority at his workplace with the majority of employees being Black.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
African Americans are NOT the majority.
While not the majority in society as a whole nor in most workplaces, Black persons are in the majority at some companies. I worked for one such firm one summer while in college. It is certainly possible that the Black persons managing such a firm might discriminate against persons of other races. It has happened, after all. White people are not the only racists in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">