• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What To Do If Possible Forged Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xyrith

I signed a fake lease in Ohio to stay where I was for a while to appease someone but they one day said "I signed documents" and I signed them over checks for rent without being on the lease.

On another occasion she simply shook my hand and I wanted to rebuild till we were 50 but she allowed someone to criminally impersonate me and slandered and defamed me with a doxx open. I think I know who was assuming my identity but the bottom line is it sounds like she claims I signed documents then we had a verbal agreement till I was 50.

What do I do? She is a mean habitual liar that has scapegoaters as eyewitness and one other time at a job I shook someone's hand after they said hello I am someones mom then people around said "-this place we work here- for life" They also claim after hanging out with said imposter I did the things he has done.

Just Blue

I signed a fake lease in Ohio to stay where I was for a while to appease someone but they one day said "I signed documents" and I signed them over checks for rent without being on the lease.

On another occasion she simply shook my hand and I wanted to rebuild till we were 50 but she allowed someone to criminally impersonate me and slandered and defamed me with a doxx open. I think I know who was assuming my identity but the bottom line is it sounds like she claims I signed documents then we had a verbal agreement till I was 50.

What do I do? She is a mean habitual liar that has scapegoaters as eyewitness and one other time at a job I shook someone's hand after they said hello I am someones mom then people around said "-this place we work here- for life" They also claim after hanging out with said imposter I did the things he has done.
Please rewrite you post or perhaps have someone else write it for you. The ^ doesn't make sense.

quincy

A lease is not necessary, “fake” or otherwise. Oral agreements are enforceable. If you moved into a rental, you generally will be responsible for paying the rent if you wish to continue living there.

I have no idea what you are talking about in your second or third paragraphs.

zddoodah

I signed a fake lease in Ohio to stay where I was for a while to appease someone
Appease whom? And why? I assume you signed as a tenant. Correct? If so, did the landlord also sign? Why do you describe it as a "fake lease"?

but they one day said "I signed documents" and I signed them over checks for rent without being on the lease.
Huh?

On another occasion she simply shook my hand and I wanted to rebuild till we were 50
Who is "she"? Rebuild what?

she allowed someone to criminally impersonate me and slandered and defamed me with a doxx open.
Again, huh? What does "criminally impersonate" mean, and how does one person "allow" another person to do such a thing?

we had a verbal agreement till I was 50.
I have no idea what this might mean, but how old are you now? Are you familiar with something called the statute of frauds?

What do I do?
I have no idea what you do. I don't know anything about you other than what you've told us, and you didn't share this information with us.

If you're asking whether you have any sort of viable legal claim against anyone, you're going to have to do a much better job of explaining your situation for anyone to be able to address that intelligently.

FlyingRon

Unless you're a law enforcement officer in Ohio, there's no specific "criminal impersonation" law. There might be some fraud (either civil or criminal here) but you've not indicated how the falsity or impersonation has caused damage to you.

I'm not seeing any actionable defamation based on what you are saying. She telling you lies about you is not actionable. Defamation is making false statements to OTHERS about you.

quincy

Xyrith returned to the forum on Saturday to read the responses to his thread but he apparently did not have the time, or desire, to clarify his original post. Without clarification, it really hard to offer him much in the way of information or advice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

What do you mean a fake lease?

Just Blue

I sent a pm to op when s/he was online Sat asking for the opening post to be clarified. Apparently either s/he didn't read the pm or chose not to clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">