• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do is your lawyer refuse to separat bill becuse of intrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

van-wright@hotm

How to get lawyer to separate bill ?
Supreme court ordered my exhusband to pay about half of my lawyers bill they did not oder an intrest to be added for none payment My Lawyer since then has not separate the bill even though I have spoken to her on three occation with a third party and she said she would .My lawyer has refused to separate the bill and when I make payments i do not make any head way of paying my portion because of the combined interest of my exhuband portion and mine. What should I do?

quincy

Supreme court ordered my exhusband to pay about half of my lawyers bill they did not oder an intrest to be added for none payment My Lawyer since then has not separate the bill even though I have spoken to her on three occation with a third party and she said she would .My lawyer has refused to separate the bill and when I make payments i do not make any head way of paying my portion because of the combined interest of my exhuband portion and mine. What should I do?
What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your attorney does NOT have a contract with your ex husband. She has a contract with you. She doesn't have to bill your ex husband. She can bill you. YOU are responsible for making sure your attorney is paid. If your ex doesn't pay, then you take him back to court for contempt.

quincy

My state in South Dakota
Thank you for providing your state name, van-wright.

Ohiogal gave you the answer to your question.

You are the one who is contractually obligated to pay your attorney. You should forward onto your ex-husband a copy of the attorney bills you receive (perhaps with a copy of the court order) and demand he pay what he was ordered to pay or, if you already have paid your attorney in full, demand he reimburse you for half of what you paid - with the threat of a contempt of court filing if he doesn't.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">