• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bauermobile

What is the name of your state? Missouri. I was put on Short Term Disability through my employer after going through the ER at a local hospital. During this time (about 6 week) I had extensive testing done on my left arm and hand, for swelling, weakness and lack of mobility. I receive a letter from the company stating my case would be close if my doctor didn't return a APS they were sent. My doctor's office never received any forms for this. One was imeditately otained, filled out and faxed to insurance. Two weeks after I stopped receiving pay and called insurance co. to find out the problem. My case had been closed and was beening reviewed. Received letter from my employer stating that I had to return to work on a certain date w/doctor release or consider myself terminated. I reported on date to company medical W/release but with restrictions. I was still undergoing medical testing. The Company medical department told me at that time I wasn't approved for the Disability benefits I received and had to pay them back. I assumed this was because the medical tests came back within normal limits. Since they had received conflicting information (between doctor and insurance co) they were going to review my case themselves. After they received and the test rults they told me if I didn't get a release from my doctor I'd could not come to work and wouldn't get paid. I was released from my primary doctor to full duty. I was terminated two weeks later since they denied my claim the time off counted against me so this violated their attendence policy. I had a good work record with this company for 25 years. I still have the medical condition and still need more tests. They offered severance package, which I haven't accepted yet. Is it to late to do anything about this?

L

ladyc4

Get an attorney.This is so typical of insurance and employers, it's about to the point that any person going on medical leave or drawing sick pay/short-term disability needs to retain an attorney to protect themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">