• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do with this debt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Possibly Ohio and Va.

The story starts out with me going to Cleveland Job Corps, there I got a High School Diploma. After I got the HSD I started with college, due to some family problems and lack of jobs in Cleveland, I moved to Va. In Va I started with another college due to my other college wasn't in the state. When I was finished with my 1st semester, I tried to enroll with my 2nd but was told that my HSD wasn't accredited. This was a shocked to me and naturally I called Job Corps, and after 6mos to a year I got everything squared away. The problem I got is with my student loan debt i got with both colleges. Seeing that I was forcefully removed from my last college due to a bad HSD, can I get Job Corps to pony up the money for this debt.

The reason I am asking this is with it taking the year to fix my HSD, the college had sent me bills that I won't have gotten till after graduation and hopefully with a career in my chosen field. Now that I little money and barely a job to pay for rent and food, I don't have the money at the present to pay for the loan debt.

I need serious answers only, I don't want just pay the bill and quit whining.

I need serious answers only, I don't want just pay the bill and quit whining.
I am not going to ask you a lot of questions to try and clarify your situation. I will simply suggest that you try and find an attorney who can advise you. Even if one could possibly formulate a decent civil case against Cleveland Job Corps given your situation, it does not sound like something that you could do on your own - or with the help of anonymous idiots like me on an internet blog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential