• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do with unresponsive lemon law attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doucar

If it was me I would take the time and go sit in his office until he spoke with me and answered my questions or gave me an exact time for an in person appointment.

dvl

Hi Everyone, a year later and I'm still struggling with this case. I went into the California site to search up my attorney's name and this is what's showing. We last made contacts 3 weeks ago and now it's back to crickets.

Does this mean he's no longer a license attorney?

dvl

I've requested by email for all correspondence between their office and the manufacture several weeks ago and this is when he started to give me the cold shoulder. Without this, no other office will even look at my case. I'm moving out of state in a month and my vehicle is back in service again, 2 times back to back within 24 hours of picking it up for 3 weeks now.

I'll call Cal bar on Monday as suggested.

quincy

I've requested by email for all correspondence between their office and the manufacture several weeks ago and this is when he started to give me the cold shoulder. Without this, no other office will even look at my case. I'm moving out of state in a month and my vehicle is back in service again, 2 times back to back within 24 hours of picking it up for 3 weeks now.

I'll call Cal bar on Monday as suggested.
The attorney could have retired, moved out of state, or died. Whatever the case, he is not currently practicing law in California. Someone else should be handling his cases now.

https://www.calbar.ca.gov/portals/0/documents/members/Status.html#:~:text=Inactive,not practice law in California.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi Everyone, a year later and I'm still struggling with this case. I went into the California site to search up my attorney's name and this is what's showing. We last made contacts 3 weeks ago and now it's back to crickets.

Does this mean he's no longer a license attorney?

He is unable to practice law.

quincy

The attorney’s law office should have assigned the attorney’s cases to another member of the firm. If not, or even if so, dvl can officially fire his previous attorney, settle up any remaining bill, and can request his case files. He can then take his files to another attorney for review.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The attorney’s law office should have assigned the attorney’s cases to another member of the firm. If not, or even if so, dvl can officially fire his previous attorney, settle up any remaining bill, and can request his case files. He can then take his files to another attorney for review.
What if it was only a sole practioner? no one to assign it to. But yeah... this was not handled properly. But if the attorney died, I can see an excuse.

quincy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">