• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What type of lawyer do I need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Agmendoza

California.

I recently took my car in for a recall. Car was was in great condition with no mechanical problems. I recieved car back 5 days later on a friday and drove home(10 miles). Paperwork showed no problems and no metal in oil. I didnt drive again till Monday. On monday I drove to work and when I was driving my car shut off. I took it back to dealer and they said they would look at it. Next day they call and say they couldn't see the problem without taking the engine out and it would cost 4111.25 to tear it down unless it was due to the recall. 4 days later they call me and say there was metal in the oil and it will cost 10k to fix. There is a history and evidence of this same exact problem happening to hundreds of cars in the same exact way. Car manufacturers knows about problem and dealership admits to hearing about this issue. I need the dealership to take ownership of faulty repair.

Agmendoza

There are a lot of moving parts to that question. The recall was for a fix on the valve springs. My car is a collaboration between two car companies. Toyota and subaru.. my car is a Toyota but the engine is subaru. I took my car to get fixed at Toyota per the recall letter. The repair is being botched by Toyota for lack of knowledge on the engine and after the repair is done it is causing failure to other parts of engine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">