• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? nc
If I had a civil summons served on me for a closed account credit card what is the worst that can happen to me if I dont pay. Credit agency has got a lawyer to file this against me and I have talked with the law office. Is it still possible to negoiate a smaller amount with the company or since the lawyers have it now what should I do. The amount is 5400.



You need to show up in court, or to make payment arrangements beofre the court date and get the charges dropped. If you fail to do so, they'll get a judgement against you, and then they can place a lien on your property, garnish wages, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential