• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

withoutmybaby38

What is the name of your state?california my 14 year old daughters father has custody for going on three years now and keeps her from her little brother , sister and i
. She tells me she dosent want live with him and she misses us so badly. She tells me she is going to run away and will refuse to go back to him. do i have to make her? please help!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state?california my 14 year old daughters father has custody for going on three years now and keeps her from her little brother , sister and i
. She tells me she dosent want live with him and she misses us so badly. She tells me she is going to run away and will refuse to go back to him. do i have to make her? please help!
Yes, you do have to make her go back to him. However, why are you not going back to court to get parenting time orders/visitation either ordered or enforced?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If there is a court order awarding him custody, then yes, you must follow the order. To change/enforce the existing order, you will need to go through the courts.

If she runs away and you do not return her to the custodial parent, you risk supervised parenting time. If she runs away, she risks being named a Child in Need of Supervision (or whatever it is called in CA). Neither of you will be rewarded for her behavior.

Eekamouse

Why does he have custody and why aren't you fighting for your visitation rights or do you not have any?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Does you have any court ordered parenting time (visitation)?
If you have court ordered parenting time, then what have you done to try and exercise it?
If you do not have court ordered parenting time, then please expand upon why this is the case.

Yes, if she runs away you have to do what you can to "make her" go home. Perhaps you should try co-parenting with Dad rather than being your daughter's buddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">