• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What would be considered slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

Also when i googled if it was illegal to take photos:
"For the most part, your right to take photographs and video in public places in the United States is protected under the First Amendment under free speech. This includes snapping pictures of your favorite monument when you're on vacation or taking part in a little citizen journalism. It's not as cut and dried as you may think and it's good to know your rights and the caveats that come with them."
You need to understand that right means the GOVERNMENT can't restrict it. A private property own may restrict many things on their property.

PayrollHRGuy

Of course there are but they aren't in play here and the OP seems to still think taking pictures on WalMart's property is a protected right.

quincy

Of course there are but they aren't in play here and the OP seems to still think taking pictures on WalMart's property is a protected right.
I think Kas finally understood the right to record or photograph has limits. He bumped into one (or more) of those limits at Walmart. :)

PayrollHRGuy

He had not at 10 something last night. His post last night and what I was replying to included this and while not incorrect it seems that he still thinks it was a protected act.

Also when i googled if it was illegal to take photos:
"For the most part, your right to take photographs and video in public places in the United States is protected under the First Amendment under free speech. This includes snapping pictures of your favorite monument when you're on vacation or taking part in a little citizen journalism. It's not as cut and dried as you may think and it's good to know your rights and the caveats that come with them."

quincy

Right. I acknowledged his post by explaining that the blurb he quoted was not the whole story. Kas then acknowledged my post with a "like," indicating he read (and understood) what I wrote. ;)

As the blurb said,"It is not as cut and dried as you may think ..."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">