• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's the latest date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Hi I live in Forestville, MD. Rent is due on the 1st & I was informed there's a 4 day grace period & on the 5th day, the rental company will sue. Is this correct? Someone told me Maryland law gives a tenant until the 5th day to pay rent.

Thanks in advance.

Silverplum

Hi I live in Forestville, MD. Rent is due on the 1st & I was informed there's a 4 day grace period & on the 5th day, the rental company will sue. Is this correct? Someone told me Maryland law gives a tenant until the 5th day to pay rent.

Thanks in advance.
The rent is due on the date it's due, and late thereafter. Your landlord MAY give a grace period IF s/he CHOOSES, but is not required to do so.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/landlords.htm#faq

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thanks in advance.
Rent is due on the 1st. If the rental company wants to give you a grace period before taking action, they may do so.

ETA: Yeah, what Silverplum said.

STEPHAN

They can not sue your right away. They need to give you a proper notice first.

But in any case be prepared that your lease might not get renewed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">