• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's the truth to this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sky75110

I was told by the lady next door to me a county cop was at
my house last weekend and I called the jp to see if they were trying to serve me papers on a eviction and they said
yes and they would send a cop out later. I asked them what day it was and what time they said nov 27 at 10am I said ok
well its friday and know one has served me papers .so do I have to go to court on the 27th I have not been served at all there has been no notes on my door or anything at all.I
was told that they have to serve you or get a order to post a note on your door. neither has happend. I live in texas
thanks for all the help sky

HomeGuru

If you have not been served you are under no obligation to appear but you should call the courts to make sure.
If there was some mixup and the service processor testifies that there was service, you may end up with a default.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">