• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wheel off the roadway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pri_kannan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.

I got ticket for wheel off the roadway. To my knowledge I didnt drove my vehicle off the roadway.It was yield right turn. I stopped behind the cop cars,[ not recognized its cops car],i saw its was free he could have passed no car was passing, he haven't moved for sometime, I tried to horn him but unfortunately horn dint work so i put my right signal on to indicate and moved little bit in right side but not crossed him he realized and started moving so i started moving behind him, while moving he puts the light so i recognized he is cops so i just moved and stayed in the lane where i am.(Even I have not moved to shoulder when he gave me ticket).He asked me what you are trying to do in shoulder? To my knowledge and I m pretty sure the road is wide and i have not passed his car and moved to shoulder any chance. Can i dispute it , In contested hearing what do i present to get this ticket disputed.

FlyingRon

Your "belief" will not mean anything in court against his sworn statement that you did. There's no requirement that police cars be conspicuous either.

What you should do, if you want to contest this, is request a contested hearing. Then make a discovery request and post the officer's sworn statement and the original ticket (black out your personal info) and the Washington experts will look at it. Washington is somewhat unique in that unless you do something to disrupt the process, the state's case will solely be the officer's statement. He will not be there to amend it. If you find something in error there, you can challenge it, unrebutted, in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">