• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When does license suspension kick in? Just got Ignition Interlock Order.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L357

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Arizona

Well, I just received the Certified Ignition Interlock Order in the mail yesterday.

It has a notice date of 9/16. I was in court and charged on the 14th. Arrested on the 3rd.

The notice does not say anything about my license being suspended, but does say to call the MVD before installation of the interlock to make sure there are no actions that prohibit operating a motor vehicle.

Its going to be difficult to make that phone call to them, but I will attempt to tomorrow on my 30 min. lunch.

Is it likely my license is suspended right now and I just have not been told so.

I'm suppose to start a 12 day jail sentence on the 1st so depending on my license being suspended and when that is, I may need to go before a judge again to adjust the dates of my jail sentence to coincide with having a drivers license to drive on as my jail sentence is a Mon-Fri work release. I don't have a ride and will need to have my own vehicle to drive to and from jail during the week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">