• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when does policy start

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flokomp

I requested a quote over the internet and then talked to an agent over the phone. She said she would work me up a policy and if I liked it to just send in the premium. well this was in February 2001 and I didn't have the money so I didn't send in the premium. I was sent a notice of cancellation which was effective march 30. In June I had enough money to get insurance so I sent the $310 annual premium which i was quoted in february. I was sent a policy stating the coverage period was from june 2001 to june 2002.
Well last month my house burned down and when I tried to file a claim they said my insurance was canceled as of february 2002. twell i then sent a written claim and was denied, the reason given was that they had took a part of my $300 and applied it to the policy which I was sent to look over but never had the money to start it. Is this legal since my policy says june 2001 to june 2002 with an annual premium of $310? I am living in a rented motor home outside my house so please could someone give me some advice?
[email protected]

ALawyer

I would think you have a VERY good case, especially if the company never sent you notice of cancellation in February, and even if it did you'd have a winner.
Document EVERYTHIING, including who you speak with, when and what they say and keep copies of all paperwork.

Write to the state insurance department or see a lawyer or public adjuster about the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">