• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when is a bonus not a bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terance meagher

What is the name of your state
(only U.S. law)?maryland
went to comp Xmas Party got a little cash and a check which read bonus Merry christmas which amounted to a two week check. Asked where my check for the week was and was told it would be mailed to me. A week passes no check called office and told the so called bonus was upfront pay for 2 weeks. Also I am union and dues and fees were not taken out ( can understand that part since who is to say how many hours I'd have worked) I receive holiday and vacation pay and dues aren't taken out then. So I have a check that says bonus so do I have the right to receive my regular pay for hours worked and to know my dues and benefits have been paid. Yes employer is bi polar

terance meagher

yes check would cover two weeks pay. pay stub attached with check reds merry chritmas bonus. no hourly time noted on check. dues and benefits paid to union are normal check aren't listed on stub either. i was also told regular paycheck would be mailed to me. this all seems so underhanded and dishonest. Maybe not illegal but definitely a bum rush.

terance meagher

Yes just got off phone as matter of a fact. Reality of situation is employer attempting to piss me off and get me to quit rather than laying me off. It's actually his MO and he uses it quite often. I might not like my job but am grateful to have one. I leave my issues and problems at home, treat the boss and others with respect, make a solid effort to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner and somhow it rubs that wrong that I am happy and smile rather than bitch moan and complain about everything. I guess I've worked for so many jerks over the years I'm sort of numb to it. Bottom line I sincerely believe in is do the right thing for the right reason and be prepared to suffer for it as well. Games end when I punch in, goofing off starts when I clock out. But it really rubs them wrong that I am a union employee rather than non-union.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">