• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When is spousal maintenance considered late in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Char40baby

San Antonio, TX. I represent Pro se in my divorce. I am awaiting for final paper work ordered by the judge that opposing counsel prepare. Before trial, we have temporarily orders in place. The judge did not change temp order but change the amount of spouse maintenance for the final when written and there is not an order to suspend temp orders which payments were due on the 1st and 15th. The final decree is set to enter on Aug 20th. Which order are we following until then? He feels he owes nothing until the final decree is written and he has not paid anything on the 1st as of this date on his spouse maintenance. Am I supposed to go through 2 Mos with nothing? He knows I am on SSDI only.

adjusterjack

The temp orders are in place until the final order comes out. He's still obligated to pay on the 1st and 15th and is in arrears for any past due amounts plus interest.

File for contempt on an emergency basis.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Since you're pro se you should probably call your husband's attorney and find out why the order is being ignored. It's very possible that the attorney has no idea his client is not making the required payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">