• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When should an ex be done getting a share of new income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Michael Douglas’ ex wants ‘Wall Street’ payday - BostonHerald.com

Michael Douglas’ ex wants ‘Wall Street’ payday.

Douglas Ex wants half of what he'll make for his new Wall Street Movie. Wouldn't such a ruling violate his CURRENT wife's right to half of what he makes on this movie? When should the ex be done? While he did play the character while married, would any actor who reprises a roll owe an ex part of future earnings when they do? If so, wouldn't they just then avoid revisiting a previously played roll?

If his ex prevails, would that mean that, say, a broadway actor who played a role years ago, and now plays in a revival should owe their ex half? Personally, I think the ex is being ridiculous. All the hours and work making the movie are occurring post divorce.

sooma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Michael Douglas’ ex wants ‘Wall Street’ payday - BostonHerald.com

Michael Douglas’ ex wants ‘Wall Street’ payday.

Douglas Ex wants half of what he'll make for his new Wall Street Movie. Wouldn't such a ruling violate his CURRENT wife's right to half of what he makes on this movie? When should the ex be done? While he did play the character while married, would any actor who reprises a roll owe an ex part of future earnings when they do? If so, wouldn't they just then avoid revisiting a previously played roll?

If his ex prevails, would that mean that, say, a broadway actor who played a role years ago, and now plays in a revival should owe their ex half? Personally, I think the ex is being ridiculous. All the hours and work making the movie are occurring post divorce.

Gotta love celebrity divorces. Instead of my current wife I should have married a B-class movie actress and live off her income for the rest of my life instead of being on the wrong end of the alimony :)

mistoffolees

Gotta love celebrity divorces. Instead of my current wife I should have married a B-class movie actress and live off her income for the rest of my life instead of being on the wrong end of the alimony :)
Why bother with B-class? Isn't Demi Moore back on the market?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">