• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where can I find a lawyer in Texas for a Race Discrimination Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BridonRuth21

Texas.
An incident occurred at a Ford Dealership in Tomball, Tx May 21st,2020. An employee working as a car salesman refused to service us on the assumption he would not make a sale that day with us, saying "Why waste my time, if you're not gonna buy from me." Because of this statement, my husband and I wanted to speak to a manager. the employee then says " Go and find one." We insist on the employee to contact his manager on duty. He refuses and says "I don't understand what you're saying, this is why we don't do business with your type of people.." Although we spoke very clearly he began his microaggressions towards our accents as we are of Hispanic and Afro/Euro descent. The manager who was actually contacted 2 times before this statement was made finally came out of a small see-through window in the middle of the room, even though there was a clear situation happening in front of full staff and management there was no sense of urgency to the man yelling at us that we shouldn't be doing business with Ford Dealership.
At the time of the incident, I was pregnant with only weeks until my due date. The stress of how we were treated and the behaviors and undertones of the way the company members carried themselves, led to my having Precipitous premature labor in less than 72hrs. I was at high risk with a scheduled cesarean. Rushed to the hospital that was understaffed for performing a VBAC.

I need help finding a lawyer who is well versed in Texan law.
What are my outlooks?
What can I pin them to pay for their actions resulting in my distress?

Just Blue

Texas.
An incident occurred at a Ford Dealership in Tomball, Tx May 21st,2020. An employee working as a car salesman refused to service us on the assumption he would not make a sale that day with us, saying "Why waste my time, if you're not gonna buy from me." Because of this statement, my husband and I wanted to speak to a manager. the employee then says " Go and find one." We insist on the employee to contact his manager on duty. He refuses and says "I don't understand what you're saying, this is why we don't do business with your type of people.." Although we spoke very clearly he began his microaggressions towards our accents as we are of Hispanic and Afro/Euro descent. The manager who was actually contacted 2 times before this statement was made finally came out of a small see-through window in the middle of the room, even though there was a clear situation happening in front of full staff and management there was no sense of urgency to the man yelling at us that we shouldn't be doing business with Ford Dealership.
At the time of the incident, I was pregnant with only weeks until my due date. The stress of how we were treated and the behaviors and undertones of the way the company members carried themselves, led to my having Precipitous premature labor in less than 72hrs. I was at high risk with a scheduled cesarean. Rushed to the hospital that was understaffed for performing a VBAC.

I need help finding a lawyer who is well versed in Texan law.
What are my outlooks?
What can I pin them to pay for their actions resulting in my distress?
https://www.texasbar.com/

The ^ link is to the Texas Bar Association...call and get a referral or 5.

I will say based on your explanation of events, you will have a hard time proving that an unpleasant interaction with a jerk was the cause of your early labor. The early labor could have been caused by being it being a high risk pregnancy or just because the due date was off.

Are you and baby okay?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let me tell you something...if you're so late in pregnancy, you're supposed to AVOID stress. Why would you push this issue at the dealership instead of leaving? Honestly, the employee had NO obligation to you to get his manager to come out. I am NOT defending the racist part of this incident, but you really sound like you have a misplaced sense of entitlement.

quincy

BridonRuth, I think you have very good reason to report the Ford dealership to the Ford Corporate office. Ford’s trademark is valuable. They do not want their brand name tarnished by racist workers.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673
https://corporate.ford.com/contact.html

Although, from what you said, it sounds like the sales agent is a racist, I don’t think you have evidence enough to connect your baby’s early birth to the treatment you received at the dealership. You can use Blue’s link to see if the attorneys you contact think differently. Initial consultations are generally free.

I hope both you and your baby are doing well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">