• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where can I find case example filings?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hankk

Hi. Does anyone know where I can find documents which have been filed in actual cases? I want to look at them to learn from them. I understand I can just go to many court websites and search but only by name or case number. I cannot type in for instance "show me all cases filed for abuse of process and let me download the documents". Thank you

adjusterjack

There may be a roundabout way that you can do that.

Go to Google Scholar.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_courts?hl=en&as_sdt=0,3

Pick the courts for your state. Search for the topic you want. The case decision will give you the names of the parties and enough information to determine the location. Find your local courts from that and go to the courthouse and review the case files. You can even review the appellate case files and read the briefs.

For example, for abuse of process in Phoenix I picked Arizona courts, searched abuse of process Phoenix and came up with over 4000 cases.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=4,3&q=abuse+of+process+phoenix&btnG=

Knowing that anything involving the City of Phoenix would likely start in the Maricopa County Superior Court I would be able to go downtown and pull the case files. Knowing that Division 1 is in Phoenix and that it is located not far from the superior court I could also go look up the appellate cases and read them.

Try for your city. It's a lot of work. I don't think you will find much of anything by way of actual pleadings for viewing on line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">