• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andreaolso

Wisconsin

My divorce was filed in Minnesota on 01/10/07, I live in Wisconsin with my son, and my ex recently moved to Illinois. He is still using his parents address and Minnesota Drivers License as "proof" that he is a Minnesota Resident. Minnesota Child Support Services have a confirmed Illinois address for him and will no longer persue this since neither one of us live in Minnesota. I have to go back to court to get him to honor the original child support order (he is in contempt reguarding medical insurance and expenses,and 3 months behind on child support)and to increase child support. Which state do I go to?

Isis1

Wisconsin

My divorce was filed in Minnesota on 01/10/07, I live in Wisconsin with my son, and my ex recently moved to Illinois. He is still using his parents address and Minnesota Drivers License as "proof" that he is a Minnesota Resident. Minnesota Child Support Services have a confirmed Illinois address for him and will no longer persue this since neither one of us live in Minnesota. I have to go back to court to get him to honor the original child support order (he is in contempt reguarding medical insurance and expenses,and 3 months behind on child support)and to increase child support. Which state do I go to?
how long have you been living in Wisconsin? how long has dad been living in Illinois?

LdiJ

I have been living in Wisconsin since before the divorce, and he moved to Illinois last April with out warning.
I would ask the CSE in WI to take on the case. They can handle the case no matter which state has jurisdiction.

Andreaolso

My Child support worker in Wisconsin told me that Cook County, Ill (where he lives) is a black hole and will do nothing and to expect nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">