• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHERE do i start

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in Texas,i worked for this company8
years and my son for 18 mos.The son has
some ADD,which the company was informed
of when hired a plant manager that had
quit comes back after a couple of years
and the problems start. I finally wind
up having a heart attack at work and
one on the way to work the next morning
i wind up in hospital having heart
surgery and while i hospital they really
crank up on my son with minor things
such as where he had kept his lunch all
the time he had worked there to writting
him up for calling his mom and checking
on me told him he wasn't authorised to
use that phone and had only been using i
for18 months any way he gets fired and
given oone reason i am home go up with
him to get his stuff and human resources
gives us a different eason for his
firing while there i look in my office
and it is completely rearranged amd all
my stuff is either boxed up or thrown
away,i felt i was walkin into a trap as
i believe they knew i would quit after
al they had done.The son filed for
unemployment and the company gave thema
different reason for termination do you
feel that either or both of us have a
case or just chaulk up another company
win and walk away thanks for any feed




You may have a claim for Workers' Compensation related to your heart attacks. I don't think you have any claim for other discrimination against you. As for your son, I do think the company may have committed disability discrimination due to his ADD. Further, I do believe your son has a good case for obtaining unemployment compensation. Do fight for him in this regard. The bottom line, I urge you to consult with an employment law or labor law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages

Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential