• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, I'm a British guy, about to marry an American girl. I have legally worked and resided in California for almost a year on an R1 Visa. I understand that I must complete forms G-325A (as does my spouse) I-130, I-485, I-131, I-864, I-765 and I-693.

I would really like to know when these forms need to be completed and in what order? When should I get the medical and how much will the medical cost?

There's an awful lot of forms and I really do not know where to begin and in what order!

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you so much in advance

Tim Walsh


Junior Member
Hey there,

My husband and I are just finishing up the application process right now. You are correct with your list of forms. There's no order that they need to be filed in, you can send them all in together. As for when they need to be filed, you can do so as soon as you marry and get all the paperwork together. You submit the medical form (I-693) along with the rest so you need to get your physical completed before you submit them. It has to be done by a doctor authorized to perform immigration medical exams and you can call USICS for names. The exam cost my husband $200. The fees for all of the forms for us are $745 but we're not filing an I-131. Hope this helps! My advice to you is to read all the required documentation very carefully! We have been scrambling around all week trying to tie up odds and ends, like copies of birth certificates, photos, tax forms, etc. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential