• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where Do You Go?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX

If you feel that illegal acts have been committed by the D.A.'s office during the course of a criminal proceeding that directly effect the outcome of the case, who do you go to submit this information and evidence in order to initiate an investigation into the matter?

I am seeking advice as to where to go on the federal and state level?

Thank you.

JetX,

Thank you for your help.
I wasn't aware the Texas Rangers did that. I will contact them.

Just in case, any suggestions on the federal level?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Jetx can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that since the DA and his office members are not Federal employees, you wouldn't report them at the Federal level at all.

seniorjudge

Jetx can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that since the DA and his office members are not Federal employees, you wouldn't report them at the Federal level at all.
It would depend on whether the prosecutors are accused of violating federal statutes.

JETX

SJ is correct. Federal investigators (FBI) has NO jurisdiction unless federal laws are violated.

Thanks again for the responses.

Based on your explanations there should be enough violations at the state level that looking into federal statutes probably won't even be necessary.

I'll let you know what happens.

weplumcrazy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">