• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where is the line drawn when it comes to neglect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bast

How 'bad' does a situation have to be before a father can get custody of his child modified?

If a child is left alone with adult supervision frequently while in the care of his mother, is that strong enough a case?
How 'bout if the child seems to be in dirty stained clothes everytime he is picked up for visitation?
What if his mother has several frequent male guests staying at the house?
What if the mother is dishonest? (she claims to the father that she "doesn't get to see her baby during the week because she is at work during the day" and then drops him off at a relative's or other sitter during the weekend so she can go party...among other things)
What if the child is disclosing things to his father about the mother that would make anyone say, "WHAT??!"

Grrrrrr, am just so frustrated at the way things work when it comes to divorces involving children.......exuse me for rambling..
Thanks for reading though..

(Hi Momma Tiger if you're reading..I have posted to prarielaw too! Nice to see you here...)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
LOL Here, there, everywhere. Methinks I need a life ;-)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that what you describe is "bad enough", but a lawyer would be able to tell you for sure. What you do want to do is start keeping a journal of the things the kiddo tells you, that you observe, etc. Keep it unemotional and just the facts. Not a bad thing to include good stuff as well, so you don't come across as out to get her, but to establish that the bad far outweighs the good.

Good luck!

M

MindyT

Same old thing

Hi, and just to let you know, you aren't alone; my husband's ex is just like that, but since the child is so ATTACHED to her mom, she's staying put, That's what the court ruled. There isn't much you can do but let her hang herself, just like my husband's ex will. She'll send the kid to the wrong place in dirty clothes. The wrong person will see them left alone. And like your child, my husband's has told him so many gross things that go on over there but they just don't listen. The child is 9, perfectly able to tell the truth. But good luck, and give her time to hang her own self.

R

RY'sMOM

Ahhhhh!

I TOTALLY understand what your going through and howq much it hurts you to know your child is going through this! I'm going through the same thing write now! Document EVERYTHING!!

Ohhh and if you need someone to talk to to get rid of some of the anger or whatever......I'm always available!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">