• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where should I report to if a company voilate a government order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnny.h.hunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I used to work in this consulting company that is located in NJ. I noticed the bad business practice in that company. Basically, among other annoyances they mispresent consultants to clients.

In 2006 I helped Dept Of Labor in Jersey with an investigation againest this company for possible labor law violations. The defendent was fined and suspended for 1 year from doing business.

In 2011, dispite a government order in 2006 which states the company can't retaliate the witnesses who cooperate the DOL, the company sued me.

I am not surprised that the company did this since I know what's kind of people they are. What surprised me was that the government took a hand-off manner after I brought this matter to their attention. They simply said that they can't do anything even thou it's clear that a government order was violated.

I helped the government and now this is what I get: I've paid $20K on a meritless lawsuit and still paying.

I want to know what agency I can report this violation to? Since the DOL in NJ didn't help.

To make sure this is not a cross post, I did ask a question in this forum about my legal fee related to this case: https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/can-i-get-my-legal-fee-compensated-569575.html

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

John

tranquility

A lawsuit against you is not "retaliation" in how you mean. The company is just trying to get a judge to determine if you wronged them. Also, five years? Do you think you can do whatever you want and not have "retaliation" against you by the company because it's covered by an "order"?

Even without knowing the facts, I think you have a loser. What does your attorney say about your chances?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">