• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where state to file in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in Texas and wish to sue someone in CT for property that was left to me by someone who died in TX. There is no will but I have witnesses. Do I have to sue in CT or can I file in TX?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential